One of the best ways to have a better life is to remember to stop taking life so seriously.
When you remember to lighten up you’ll:
Decrease your stress
Have better relationships
Be happier, more present and enjoy life more – isn’t that what it’s ALL about after all?
Have a higher vibration and therefore be more creative and much more in touch with your spirit and intuition.
I’m not discounting or making light of serious challenges, sadness or grief. There are times in life that call for seriousness of course.
But what I’m saying is that we’re too serious, too often. About stuff that really doesn’t matter that much. In taking life too seriously, we lose sight of the big picture. That life is made up of the little things. The everyday moments that, if you could allow yourself to be more present with to really enjoy, combine to make your life wonderful.
Three of the biggest reasons we take life so seriously:
1. Perfectionism. Perfectionism is just a joy – killer. And take heart, it’s actually curable! I know from experience.
2. Losing perspective.
3. Forgetting our sense of humour.
So based on those 3 reasons above, here’s how you can start lightening up right away:
1. Let go of perfectionism. Leave perfection to Mother Nature. I think that one of the best lessons in being human is learning to see the beauty in imperfection. Find contentment in being perfectly imperfect. It really is just a decision. I think I’ll create a blog post on this topic alone, because there’s so much more I could say about this!
2. Bring things back in perspective. Are you saving lives? If not, ask yourself, in the big picture, a year or more from now, will this really matter so much. Or could I be making a bigger deal out of it than necessary? What’s most important in the grand scheme?
3. Laugh often. Be playful and even silly sometimes. Hang out with little kids a bit – they’ll teach you everything you need to know. And remember to laugh at yourself.
Inside our Soul Space Membership, we have a mini-retreat that guides you to tap into your fun, playful side. With a beautiful guided meditation, soulful wisdom and heart-centred journaling, you’ll raise your vibration and tap back into your sense of joy. It’s a beautiful, practical reminder to lighten up and stop taking life so seriously.